Live updates

I AM STILL ANGRY! by Femi A. Falade (THE ANGER OF MEN THAT WORKS THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD)

I AM STILL ANGRY! by Femi A. Falade


(THE ANGER OF MEN THAT WORKS THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD)

That fateful day in Akungba-Akoko, a town in the current Ondo state (Nigeria), where I went to visit my evangelical and loving friend at his lodge. The same place I have been going for more than two years, the same thing I have been seeing for more than two years suddenly made me angry. 

Thou herbalist hut? Straigth down thy window? Where God's beloveth liveth? (I write in KJV). This is an abomination! (My anger kindled...) My friend who knows I hate the devil and usually calls me ‘rugged man’ looked at me with a little concern about the matter. (You can order for my book "Laying Hold on Divine Treasures" to read the chapter titled "Devil, Get Lost"). I said, this will not continue to be.

After some days! Ekasan Baba o! (a Yoruba greetings translated as ‘Good afternoon old man oh’). It was at the herbalist hut! The bible had been crossed in my hand and it was like a wallet. The top on me was not like that of pastor, but like "those guys". Position was active and activated. Emaa wole bo o (be entering oh) the herbalist responded. 

Let me stop the story. No, let me continue. Why should I stop? Because it was like a set up! As I entered, the herbalist has his friend with him, an herbalist from another town. Battle field prepared for one against two warriors? Who can enter a strong man's house without first binding the strong man? May be you should ask me, ‘can I enter the house of two strong men without God?’ No! But I was still angry! Dont forget, I was still angry.

Am not Jonah, don't call me one. My anger was the kind Elijah had in second kings chapter 1, when king Ahazaih sent his servant to enquire from Baalzebub, the god of Ekron when God is in ‘our Israel’. May be you can relate mine with Gideon who destroy the altar of idols in his family house. Mine was not family house, it was God's land; it was a beloved friend's house. It is the house of God. A house of prayer supposed to be called. 

The bible told us that the anger of men doesn't make the righteousness of God, (James 1:20) and I choose to disobey? No. The men in this context exclude me and Elijah, Gideon, Pastor Daniel Olawade, (who in anger preached to a parading masquerade some months ago in Nigeria) and other men who have got angry at the devil with action. We are ordinary men possessed by the holy Anger of God. The men who are possessed by carnal anger with carnal approach are victims of that text of the Bible. 

Paul the apostle himself, got angry at the idolatry of the people he met and preached to and cast some away and punished others. If I am among the categories of people who through faith and patience followed the examples of those who obtained good testimonies, then, those herbalists had to bow that day.

At a point they said, had it been we know, we would not have allowed you to enter. I was sitting at the shrine of the herbalist hut where I was given space to sit with the kind of fear and trembling Paul the apostle went to the Corinthians with. With a strong voice like a man under "Godakolic influence" (Yes, I truly was), I opened my mouth "I came to tell you about Jesus! Jesus sent me to You!" 

Are you still angry? after how many days? you ask? Should I say yes or yessing or "yessed" because at that point I was Baptised with a mixture of fear and boldness, a mixture of madness and calmness but you see, at the end, the two herbalists knelt down as they confess Jesus and I prayed for them. After which I declare the place close and, for God! am I still angry? I don't know right now. But as I write this article, am angry at the idolatry of the people of Ehwu kingdom in Delta state, am angry at the world of sin and immorality, am angry at the devil.

Just like the book of Jonah couldn't be concluded because he was still angry, I will not conclude this article because am still angry at the devil and his works in the life of people. Am angry at the works of darkness in your life. 

If getting angry is made so simply by the devil that many people (I have met in life) get angry without reason can still exist, then, nothing stops me and you to keep Holy anger against sin and devil aflame. For those people, nothing is wrong with them, nobody wrongs them, nobody annoys them, they are just angry. This is so serious among people in possession of power and possession of another fellow and on our own case, we are in Christ Jesus. We have life to give to others we shouldn't watch them die.

I have seen and experienced occasions where the anger of men provoked the righteousness of God and we are still counting. Wouldn't you join the angry men who provoke God's righteousness in this world?

I am still angry!

Femi A. Falade
Author, Laying Hold On Divine Treasures

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Wrestlers' Ministries Designed by Olatuja Oloyede Copyright © 2018

Powered by Blogger.